Nevertheless, Gmail was launched after Hotmail and Yahoo. However, Gmail so far has become one of the most commonly used email services. When we talk about Gmail Account Sign Up, it is all about how you can register for an account on the Google Mail platform. The platform is quickly becoming one of the major means of communication between individuals and companies. On the contrary, email as most people already know is an essential part of being able to contact others through the internet. If you need a mail address just for a short period of time, there are a lot of email service providers.
However, if you are looking for a long term email address, then Google Mail is the platform you are looking for. Furthermore, when you sign up for a Gmail account, you can get access to a lot of Google features. Some of these features are YouTube, Gmail, Play Store, Chrome Browser Syncing, Map, and so much more. One of the best Gmail features is the spam folder. It automatically filters messages considered as spam and separates them from your inbox. This will help in securing your Gmail account after you sign up for one and making sure that you do not click on links from hackers.
Gmail Account Sign Up Procedures
On the contrary, Google Gmail email service provider allows you to create or sign up a free Google Gmail Email account. This implies that you don’t need to think of selecting a plan or subscribing for one before you can go through the Gmail sign up. The new Gmail account sign up procedures are as stated below.
To Create Gmail Account:
- Get your internet-connected device and head to the Gmail sign up page using the URL www.gmail.com.
- Using accurate information about yourself in creating the account is sensible since it might be one of your main emailing services. Perhaps you are going to do a lot of emailing with the platform. On the signup form, enter the details required into their appropriate section.
- Enter your mobile number and verify the mobile number.
- Tap the “I Agree” button to agree to the terms Privacy and Policy of the platform.
The moment you tap the “I agree” button, your account would be successfully created and you will be signed in your account instantly. However, you can then view your account profile to add your profile picture or company logo.
How to Protect Your Gmail Account
In the meantime, based on the fact that Gmail is the widest and more popular email services in the world that it’s the most secure email on the internet. Gmail is not that fully secure but provides you some security feature in which you can activate to protect your Gmail account
Protecting your Gmail account is quite easy. You can do so following the steps below.
To Protect Gmail Account:
- Make sure you never share your password with anyone.
- Add a recovery phone number.
- Add a recovery email address.
- Do not click on links you do not recognize.
- Change your account password if you notice irregular activities.
Above are some steps you can take to protect your account from hackers.
How to Change Your Gmail Password
Follow the steps below to change your Gmail password.
To Change Gmail Password:
- Open your Google account using the web address https://myaccount.google.com/.
- Under the “Security” tab select and tap on “Signing in to Google”.
- Enter the account password you used in signing in and enter the new password you want to use for the account.
- Hit the change password button afterward.
That is it, you have successfully changed your Gmail account password. However, the following stage of implementing tight security actually protects your account. therefore, ensure that you thoroughly go through each stage in protecting your account.