Resetting your Facebook password is very important especially when you lose your password. Aside from those reasons, there are other reasons why people reset their Facebook password. It may be because your password got leak out to people you do not want to know about it, or your account has been tampered with by an unknown individual. Or it might be that you forgot your password. well, if you encounter any of these situations, you have no reason to worry because I would be explaining how to reset Facebook password.
Reset Facebook Password
Using Facebook should let you know that you need to be adjusting
your security settings from time to time. this is because there are so many
individuals out there hacking and using peoples account for fraudulent acts. So,
if you suspect anything going wrong in your account and it seems like your
account is getting hacked resetting your password should be your next action.
Resetting your Facebook password can be done in two ways. One
is using your email and the other is simply by using your mobile or phone
number. Steps on how to reset Facebook password is stated below:
- First, open your web browser on your desktop and then visit www.facebook.com
- Once the login page appears, click forget password
- Select the option indicating that you use the password you use in accessing your email
- You will receive a message from Facebook requesting permission to access your email
- Follow them and complete the process by doing whatever is necessary.
How to Reset Facebook Password Using Phone Number
you can also make use of your mobile number when resetting your password. All that is required that the number you will be making use of should be connected to your Facebook account, or it should be the one you use in opening the account. steps are stated below:
- Open your web browser and visit www.facebook.com
- Click the forgot password icon
- Select Get code from my smartphone
- A security code would be sent to your mobile
- Check the inbox, retrieve the code and input the
code on the required spot
- Click change
- Enter your new password and confirm it.
So, in case you want to make it easier for you to reset your password, it is advisable that you connect both your mobile number and your email address to your Facebook account.